GSoC '16: End-term
Patches sent on the ffmpeg-devel mailing list for review:
List of commits during GSoC period: https://github.com/jailuthra/FFmpeg/commits/mlpencoder?author=jailuthra
- Working MLP and TrueHD encoder
- MLP supports multiple channel layouts
- TrueHD has experimental support for multiple channel layouts (Not guaranteed to work on hardware, but is decodable by ffmpeg)
Tasks currently working on:
- Provide stereo downmix substream in TrueHD so that it is guaranteed that it plays on all hardware
- Fix some issues with lossless checks that arise with LFE channels and s32 (24-bit) audio. Once this is fixed we can enable 24-bit support in the encoder.
- (Optional) Write the bistream verifier, similar to those present in proprietary encoders for MLP and TrueHD.
Published: 23 August 2016
Disqus has been disabled. If you have a comment, feel free to email it to me.